Saturday, January 28, 2012

Repentance



My Father who gave me all of my days
You knew that this moment would be
I have walked here each step of the way
but I know you were walking with me.

I’m sorry for the choices I’ve failed to make
just because I’ve been dragging my feet.
I’m sorry for the people I’ve not cared for
and precious souls  who I may never meet.

Lord, only your grace will take me from here,
and your grace puts the songs in my heart
Your grace lets me love and live on from this day
and Your grace lets me be a part
of the family of Christ, Your only Son,
who did all that you sent Him to do.
He talked Your talk and He walked Your walk
on Earth, and then went home to You.

With every breath You allow me to take
I want to follow Him with my life
I want to show Your love in the way that I care
as a friend, mother, grandmother, wife.

Dear God, thank you for every second I live,
the moments filled with hard, bitter tears--
for sweet laughter ringing from deep in my heart
and the blessings throughout all of my years!
I wouldn’t trade one moment of my life with You
for the greatest treasures on earth.
For You’ve breathed into this mortal soul
and You’ve given me new birth
into Your hope, the eternal days
into Your family....multitudes that You blend...
I know we will continue to walk in Your light!
Singing Your new song that will never end!

by Jerri Harrington

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jerri, thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! I really appreciate the kind words! :-) I have some more poems to publish on here. I hope you'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete